This week’s episode features a conversation with Brooke Barbier, founder of Ye Olde Tavern Tours and author of the new book Boston in the American Revolution: A Town Versus an Empire. We talk about a forgotten Revolutionary War story, why the Revolutionary period isn’t as simple as good guys and bad guys, and which Founding Fathers we’d like to have a beer with. Stick around after the interview to find out what’s coming up this week in Boston history, and how you can win a private tour of the Back Bay with hosts Nikki and Jake. Listen to the show!
Interview with Brooke Barbier
- Brooke’s book is available from the publisher and Amazon.
- Follow Brooke on Facebook or Instagram.
- Book a tour from Ye Olde Tavern Tours.
- Check out videos that further explore themes from the book.
This Week in Boston History
- Henry Ware’s remarks at the Cambridge Temperance Society.
- More on construction of the Boston subway in our last episode.
- Rev Rhys Williams on the 1968 fire that destroyed First Church.